When driving on icy and snowy roads in winter, if our car has a set of snow tires, it may be easier and safer to drive. So winter tyres are really as magical as I said, can they help us improve driving safety? Please follow the article and read it, and you will surely have a satisfactory answer at the end.
1) Winter tyre pattern design adopts ice-breaking snow track design to show excellent grip performance. The excellent winter tyres provide a guarantee for driving and braking.
2) The deep and widened longitudinal cross grooves of the winter tyres, followed by the widened transverse grooves, are good for drainage and snow melting, and can ensure the traction and friction performance of the snowy road. It has excellent grip and handling performance on icy and snowy roads. The directional tread pattern design has excellent snow traction performance.
3) Winter tyres are specially designed for winter driving. They can still guarantee tire grip below 7 degrees Celsius. Usually, at this temperature, ordinary tires will more or less lose a certain degree of grip. The tire formula is different from summer tires and all-season tires. Many people think that winter tyres are snow tires. In fact, snow tires are only one type of winter tyres, which are divided into ordinary winter tyres and snow tires. High performance winter tires are divided into three types: ordinary winter tyres, snow tires and studded tires. Studded tires are exclusively for special vehicles and are not allowed to drive on daily roads. When we are driving fast, the accumulated water will form a water film between the tire and the road, which instantly greatly reduces the grip of the tire. The water film on our tires has a similar effect. The water film attached to the tire will greatly reduce the tire's grip.
4) The pattern of our winter tyres will prevent this from happening to a certain extent. First of all, because the tread of winter tyres is very soft, when the vehicle is running, water and snow can be discharged from the unique pattern through deformation and centrifugal force. Winter tyres usually have additional drainage patterns on both sides of the tread to make the tire drainage process faster and more effective. When the vehicle is running, through deformation and centrifugal force, water and snow can be discharged from the unique pattern. Winter tyres usually have additional drainage patterns on both sides of the tread to make the tire drainage process faster and more effective. When the vehicle is running, through deformation and centrifugal force, water and snow can be discharged from the unique pattern. Winter tyres usually have additional drainage patterns on both sides of the tread to make the tire drainage process faster and more effective.
1) Compared with ordinary tires, snow tires are very different in material and tire pattern. From the appearance point of view, snow tires have an asymmetric directional tread pattern. Snow tires have more grooves, that is, the proportion of grooves on the surface of the tire. The higher the proportion, the better the drainage. Snow tyres have many small grooves, at least 1,000, and ordinary tires have about 200.
2) From the perspective of material, snow tires are softer than ordinary tires. The main reason is that the tread uses some special formulas to produce greater friction than ordinary all season high performance tires, making the vehicle on a smooth ice surface. The controllability and safety are greatly improved. Snow tires will still maintain a softer texture under low temperature conditions, while ordinary tires will harden as the temperature decreases.
1) In addition to the more tire patterns mentioned repeatedly, the groove depth of winter tyres is also deeper than that of general all-weather tires. The advantage of this design is that it can increase the displacement and improve the friction between the tire and the ground.
2) In addition, the shoulders of winter tyres are designed to be angular, which is different from ordinary all-weather tires, which are designed to be angular. The main purpose is to increase the contact between the tire and the ground, increase the friction, and prevent the slideslip when the car is on icy and snowy roads.