Do you have a flat tire? Do your auto tires have a short service life? Is the fuel consumption too high? In fact, these problems are caused by tire pressure. Tire pressure is the lifeblood of auto tires, and the level of tire pressure is an important factor affecting the service life and economy of tires. Let's take a look at how tire pressure will have an effect on tires.
1. Too low auto tire pressure will increase the friction area between the tire sidewall and the ground, which will reduce the function of the cord and rubber and cause delamination or excessive friction between the cord and the rim, resulting in damage to the tire bead; if the temperature rises sharply, the elasticity of the tire carcass will decrease; if the tire pressure is too low, the braking distance will be shortened accordingly;
2. When the load increases during driving, the car will consume more fuel; after the temperature of the friction point between the tire and the ground is too high, the stitching of the cord fabric will gradually detach, and the temperature of the auto tire still rises rapidly, so the pressure resistance of the breakaway point of the stitching will decrease rapidly, and a tire blowout will occur at this time.
1. If the auto tire pressure is too high, the car will be a little bumpy during driving, and the comfort will be slightly reduced; the contact area between the auto tire and the ground will become smaller, the adhesion on the ground will become lower, the braking effect will be affected, and the corresponding braking distance will become longer; besides, it will cause the local wear of the pattern in the center of the tire tread of accelerating tire, so that the service life of the tire is reduced; the rolling resistance performance is reduced.
2. When the auto tire encounters sharp objects such as nails and glass on the road, which are easy to pierce into the tire, the impact will cause internal cracking and bursting, resulting in a tire blowout.
1. Make the friction surface of the auto tire and the ground more uniform, which is favorable to the performance of the car and the service life of the tire. According to the regulations and requirements of the international GBT2978-2008 standard: standard tire: 2.4 to 2.5bar; enhanced type tires: 2.8 to 2.9bar; maximum tire pressure: should not be greater than 3.5bar.
2. The level of auto tire pressure should be based on the recommended value of the car manufacturer. This is because the setting of tire pressure mainly takes into account the influence of the following factors:
(1) Seasonal factors:
Winter: according to the principle of the standard pressure of auto tires, it is appropriate to increase by about 0.1 to 0.2 bar than the recommended value. Summer: according to the lower limit of the standard pressure of auto tires, in summer, when the car is parked in the open air, the tire pressure can generally be lowered by 0.1 to 0.2 bar than the recommended value to avoid tire blowout at a high temperature.
(2) Vehicle load:
No-load/half-load: according to the standard lower limit of the auto tire pressure (the tire pressure on the vehicle label sticker can be used as the reference value of the minimum tire pressure).
Full load: when the load is full, the standard upper limit of the auto tire pressure should be used (the maximum tyre pressure value on the tyre label can be used as a reference for the theoretical maximum tire pressure).
(3) Measurement environment of tire pressure:
The tire pressure of cold tires and hot tires is also different, so pay attention when measuring. The difference between the two is about 0.2.
3. In addition to the above factors, it is also related to the road conditions (expressway, dirt road), the condition of auto tires (new tires, old tires, soft tires, hard tires), tire width, flat ratio, etc.; usually the tyre pressure of family cars is 0.2 to 0.25MPa. This can not only ensure safe driving and comfort, but also minimize fuel consumption; the tire pressure of small cars has a unified standard, that is, whether your car is a sedan or an off-road vehicle, the auto tire pressure is 1.9 to 3.5kg/cm², which can be adjusted according to the specific usage.
Tire blowout has occurred frequently recently. According to statistics, 70% of traffic accidents on highways are caused by tire blowout, and 75% of all the causes of tire blowout are insufficient tire pressure. According to some data, if the tire pressure is 10% lower than the normal value when the auto tire pressure is insufficient, the service life of tire will be reduced by 15%. When the auto tire pressure is too high, the contact area between the tire and the ground will be reduced, the pressure on the tire will be relatively increased, and the road holding ability will also be affected.
Unreasonable selection of tire pressure will cause power cycling, which will increase tire wear and affect its service life. At the same time, considering the impact on power performance, appropriate auto tire pressure must be selected to prolong tire service life and improve economy.